Financial Strategies for Seniors
Financial Strategies for Seniors course educates counselors on the ways they can best support their senior clients in terms of education and resources. The areas of focus for this course are as follows:
- The importance of Wills and Power-of-Attorneys
- Transitioning to a fixed income
- Pros & Cons of senior centers versus aging at home
- Recognizing potential scams and what are general red flags
- Home Safety
- Educate clients on laws and resources to assist them
- How to counsel/coach seniors
When you register for this course, you receive:
- One week of Financial Strategies for Seniors training from an experienced counselor
- Guides and templates for program support
- Downloadable PDF files with all guides and templates included in the manual
- Networking opportunities with other counselors
Tuition: $400 per course
Non-refundable Registration Fee: $40
Scholarships are also offered.
Review the ULA course calendar to find an upcoming Financial Strategies for Seniors course near you.
For the best experience possible ULA strongly suggests for participants to schedule the time off needed to attend live sessions and learn the materials. Courses taken are for the benefit of the counselor and their professional development. Hybrid+ courses are virtual live courses that require participants to attend live sessions similar to a face to face classroom. Participants will need to step away from their daily work duties to complete homework, follow-up with the instructor, pass the exam, and complete core educational competencies. ULA is not responsible for scheduling conflicts that may arise when registering for a course. Please review our attendance policies prior to accepting a scholarship and/or registering for a course.