The Foreclosure Intervention Counseling Certification allows counselors to specialize in the foreclosure process. The certification prepares counselors to navigate the range of options available for clients facing foreclosure and to work with clients to determine the appropriate solutions.
To receive the Foreclosure Intervention Counseling Certification, the following must be fulfilled:
- Course requirements
- Exam requirements
- Practical experience requirements
- Submission requirements
- Foreclosure Counselor Certification Application Apply Here
For questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.
Applicants must attend the following ULA courses:
- Hybrid+ Foreclosure Prevention* or; Foreclosure Part A and Foreclosure Part B eLearning series
- Predatory Lending Webinar
Applicants must pass the following exams with a score of 80% or higher:
- Hybrid+ Foreclosure Prevention*
(Please note, successful completion of the eLearning series will cover this requirement)
Practical Experience Requirements
Applicants must have counseled at least 30 individuals within the last 12 months, or must have been employed by a HUD-certified housing counseling agency for the last six months.
To submit the Foreclosure Intervention Counseling Certification Application, applicants will need the following documents:
- A letter signed by both the applicant and their manager or executive director certifying that the practical experience requirements have been met. An example letter can be found here.
- The National Industry Code of Ethics and Conduct for Homeownership Professionals form, signed by the applicant
- The Hybrid+ Foreclosure Prevention* certificate of course completion
Once the application is complete, click “submit” at the end of the screen. Your application will be reviewed, and notification regarding your certification status will be sent soon thereafter.
For questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.